To take the HiSET exam in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- High School Equivalency Status: You must not be enrolled, nor required to be enrolled, in high school, and you must not have a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma/credential.
- If you are 18 years of age or older, you may test without any special conditions.
- If you are , see below for additional information on age requirements.
- No one under 16 years of age is eligible.
- You must be a resident of Pennsylvania to take the HiSET exam.
- You must provide .
- Test Preparation or Instruction: You are not required to take HiSET preparation courses before taking the test.
- Practice Test: You are not required to take a practice test before taking the official exam.
- Identification: You must provide acceptable proof of identity and Pennsylvania residency in the form of documentation that provides all of the following information:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Current photograph